New technology improvements in Visual Studio 2013 Update 3 CTP 2
The following technology improvements were made in this release.
- CodeLens jobs that are running on the Team Foundation Server job agent have been optimized for performance specifically while processing branching and merging changesets.
- If you have more than one monitor, Visual Studio will remember which monitor a Windows Store application was last run on.
- You can debug x86 applications that are built by .NET native.
- When you analyze managed memory dump files, you can go to Definition and Find All References of the selected type.
- You can debug the dump files from .NET Native applications by using Visual Studio debugger.
- The Application Insights Tools for Visual Studio are now included in Visual Studio 2013 Update 3 CTP2. This initial integration as part of CTP2 includes some software updates and performance improvements.
- You can skip straight to the details of performance events that are exported from Application Insights to IntelliTrace.
- The Performance and Diagnostics hub can open profiling sessions (.diagsession files) that were exported from the F12 tools in the latest developer preview of Internet Explorer 11.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Win32 applications are supported by the new Memory Usage Tool in the Performance and Diagnostics Hub. For more information about how to use the tool to troubleshoot issues in native and managed memory, go to the following blog post:
Diagnosing memory issues with the new Memory Usage Tool in Visual Studio
- You can useWindowsPowerShell or theWindowsPowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) feature to deploy and manage configuration data. Additionally, you can deploy to the following environments without having to set up Microsoft Deployment Agent:
- Microsoft Azure environments
- On-premise environments (Standard environments)
- You can add custom fields and custom work flows for test plans and test suites.
- You can use Manage Test Suites permission for granting access to test suites.
- You can track changes to test plans and test suites by using work item history.
For more information about these features, see the following Visual Studio Developer Tools blog article:
Visual Studio IDE
- CodeLens authors and changes indicators are now available for Git repositories.
- In Code Map, links are styled by using colors, and they display in the improved Legend.
- Debugger Map automatically zooms to the call stack entry of interest and preserves user’s zoom preferences.
- You can drag binaries from the Windows file explorer to a code map, and then start exploring binaries by using Code Map.
- When you try to upgrade an existing TFS server that has Test management data to Visual Studio 2013 Team Foundation Server Update 3 CTP2 in JPN or CHS, the upgrade of Test Case Management service does not work.
Visual Studio IDE
- In Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate Update 3 CTP2 localized (non en-us) drops, when trying to request a Code Map, or a Dependency Graph for the solution, the directed graph is not produced.
For more information on Visual Studio 2013 and other upgrades, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2933779/en-us